Brief Job Description:
An Area Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of a section of the Carrollton plant. Their main responsibility is to give direction to the departmental personnel on a daily basis in order to achieve departmental goals.
They are responsible for:
|Establishing and monitoring production capacity
||Manage hourly operators
|Actual production to demand plan
||Controls operating cost
||Investigates and documents incidents, to find root cause and implement corrective actions
||Provides safety leadership for the department
||Support of PSM
· Management of Change initiator
· Assist with Process Hazard Analyses
· Write and update operating procedures
· Ensure operators receive adequate training
· Lead HAZCOM and PSM/RMP training for their areas
· Perform operator qualification testing
|Operating efficiency (OAU)
||Support new product development
||Prioritize equipment and personnel resources
|Process monitoring and optimization
||Ensure environmental compliance in their areas
|Material usage variances
||Identifying capital needs
|Interface with the maintenance department concerning needs in their areas
||Assist in capital project scope development
|Equipment preparation for maintenance
||Perform safety and risk assessments
|Assisting in maintenance PM compliance
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Documents and measures standard cycle time and tracks asset utilization for assigned areas.
- Analyzes labor utilization and helps foreperson schedule manpower to minimize overtime.
- Meets all orders on time.
- Assures raw material availability based on production schedule.
- Available off hours to troubleshoot production/quality issues as needed.
- Provides necessary training required by law and the company.
- Ability to embrace and promote change.
- Ability to teach operators and forepersons to assume responsibility.
- Assures completion of scheduled training.
- Drives continuous improvement in the process by using engineering tools.
- Ensures preventative maintenance tasks are done on time and in compliance with the PM schedule.
- Departmental shutdowns are scheduled and required tasks are completed.
- Daily equipment inspections are completed.
- Supports and develops capital planning objectives.
- Ensures MOCs are documented with approvals.
- Minimizes working capital by managing raw material and finished goods inventory levels per the plant priorities.
- Appropriate inventory level defined and maintained for partials and scraps
- Off-spec reworked within plant targets
- Oversees inventory counts and adjustments. Review and explain material usage variances.
- ISO compliance: follows documented procedures, ensures control sheets are accurate and filled out by operators.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Personable, high energy, responsible, good analytical mind.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Well organized with excellent communication skills – Interpersonal, Written and Listening
- Ability to navigate a chemical plant including climbing ladders.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Supervisory exposure in a technical manufacturing environment. Able to handle numerous complex tasks simultaneously.
- 5 to 15 years of experience required.