PMC Biogenix is a global, innovation-driven developer, manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals produced from renewable resources.
The combination of over fifty years of experience developing and manufacturing oleochemical derivatives, dedication to innovation in new products and chemistries, and strong technical application support create the foundation of a powerful portfolio of chemical products that find applications in virtually every chemical end market.
Our products are marketed under leading brand names such as Armoslip®, Kemamide®, Kemester®, Kemstrene®, Lubrazinc®, Hystrene®, Industrene®, ADVAWAX®, ADVAPAK®, and ADVALUBE®.
Our Center for Renewable Chemistry (CRC), located on our 50-acre integrated oleochemicals and derivatives manufacturing site in Memphis, Tennessee, includes a technical center and pilot scale manufacturing facility and serves as the cornerstone for our product, process and application development efforts. Our 16,000-square-foot technical center houses functional laboratories for product development, process development, application testing, instrumental analysis and wet analysis as well as an 8,000-square-foot pilot scale manufacturing facility equipped with a broad range of process equipment to develop new processes and produce scale-up quantities for our customers.
Brief Job Description:
The primary responsibility for this role will be to ensure material availability to support the production schedule. Other responsibilities include managing inventory levels, supporting material/product level revisions, interacting/coordinating with suppliers on a variety of topics, and supporting other business functions as required.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Place purchase orders with suppliers as directed for the procurement of raw materials and packaging as required by forecast and the production schedule.
- Maintain Excel spreadsheets for raw materials and packaging as needed.
- Review and approve raw material demurrage/storage invoices.
- Schedule deliveries with tank companies/freight forwarders for purchased materials and packaging.
- Monitor status of open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery of all materials, including timely resolution, communication and mitigation of future potential problems.
- Expedite or defer orders as required based on schedule/inventory changes. Work with the plant to determine and maintain optimal inventory levels based on forecast,demand variation and material lead times.
- Coordinate material flows throughout product/BOM changes, obsolete products, and the introduction of new suppliers and/or materials due to new product development.
- Manage and resolve issues regarding purchase orders, invoice discrepancies, supplier performance, or any other matters that may arise.
- Provide back-up support for other areas of procurement.
- Generate purchasing reports as needed by Management.
- Collaborate with internal customers and provide a high level of customer service, including recommending solutions, resources, and alternative supply options.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a group.
- Ensure and promote compliance to Company and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter, results driven, ability to think outside the box
- Able to multi-task and adapt to a fast-paced work environment Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with Oracle or other ERP systems
- This position works closely with plant and commercial personnel.
- You will work in an office environment while interacting with all Management/plant employees.
- There may be an occasional need to enter the plant warehouse and follow all company safety practices.
- The job will be based in either Mount Laurel, NJ or Memphis, TN.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Zero to five years in a purchasing role
- A college degree is preferred
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING