Brief Job Description
The Process Operator is responsible for operating one or more job stations during their shift ensuring safety and compliance of all work rules and procedures. Responsibilities also include guiding/directing Bulk and Material Handlers as it relates to the manufacturing process the Operator is managing. Base pay is $22.61/hour plus shift differential when applicable.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Safety first – follow all PPE guidelines, directions, and supervisory guidance.
- Operates all equipment in Cable Fill, Emulsions, Soaphouse, Granulator, Belt Flaker, Stearate reactors, and the Waste Treatment process.
- Manages all process control and quality variables to standards and procedures.
- Maintains rates and productivity of equipment.
- Trouble shooting of process variability
- Provides samples to the lab and on occasion will test certain batches of material to ensure compliance.
- Assist with the shop supply inventory for your assigned area.
- Accurately complete all paperwork assigned to Process Operator.
- Verify clean-ups are performed & completed.
- When necessary perform Material/Bulk Handler responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to manage heavy equipment and understand basic mechanic concepts is important.
- Good communication between the Operator and Supervisor and co-workers is required.
- The ability to follow rules and direction is required.
- Ability to get along with others and not work in isolation is required.
- Capable of operating both a sit down & standup forklift.
- Process Operators will work at the plant and be exposed to heat, cold, dust, dirt and wax build-up on floors, machines, and steps depending upon the operation assigned
- All kinds of exposure to heat during the summer and colder temps during the winter should be expected.
- Climbing ladders, high towers, rail cars is required to do the job.
- Working with/in the vicinity of high temperature products/steam lines.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- GED or High School diploma desired but not required.
- On the job training will be provided
- Familiarity with process operations is a plus.
- Having a mechanical aptitude is a plus whereby minor instrumentation adjustments can be made without supervision to maintain the safe operation of the equipment.
- Experience on a fork lift or other hauling mediums is a plus.