Brief Job Description:
The primary responsibility for this role will be to analyze all raw materials purchased corporate-wide to determine what the risk is to the business when these prices rise or fall. Understanding the entire business picture and what the price-sensitivity is of sales to the input prices will be crucial to success in the position. Examining the fundamental information as well as the technical data of the traded commodities that the company purchases to help the team develop financial hedging strategies will be a key function. Other responsibilities include maintaining pricing and fundamental data, fulfilling the role of middle office to all financial commodity transactions, acting as the backup to the procurement function and supporting other purchasing functions as required. Position is based in Mt Laurel, NJ.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide market analysis & develop models that support/optimize risk management for the business.
- On a daily basis review all commodity markets that the company is exposed to for fundamental news that may affect price movement.
- Use Bloomberg to create charts of price movement and corresponding technical levels of commodity markets on a daily basis.
- Present fundamental and technical information in a daily meeting with the Director of Procurement and any interested Senior Management.
- Improve the hedging and risk management functionality of the business.
- Using data in Oracle, track raw material consumption and cost and the corresponding intermediate and finished goods inventory levels for a monthly report to determine price risk exposure.
- Act as the middle office for financial transactions, by doing first level confirmations of executed trades.
- Provide first level review of monthly financial settlements of financial transactions. Reconcile all P&L and risk metrics with Accounting/Finance team.
- Act as backup to Director of Procurement for the purchase of physical commodities that are also financially traded. Position will have a limited ability to transact and enter orders with financial and physical counterparties and only with prior written approval by the Director or Senior Management on a case-by-case basis.
- Maintain data records for volume and price for all purchased raw materials.
- Prepare presentations as needed on pricing, market data, and quantitative analysis of critical raw materials.
- Identify process inefficiencies and lead improvement initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong understanding of hedging strategies (development and execution).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter, results driven, ability to think outside the box.
- Organizational skills are highly developed.
- Able to multi-task and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Oracle or other ERP systems.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg.
- Must possess strong problem solving.
- Must be self-motivated and able to independently seek-out knowledge and resources
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- The job holder will work in an office environment and must be willing to multi-task between various managers and responsibilities to accomplish the day’s requests.
- This position requires the incumbent to handle a challenging personal schedule with hours and demands changing from week to week.
- Up to XX% domestic travel required. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Ability to function effectively in a global business environment with production, technical, customer service and management.
- Ability to get along with others and not work in isolation is required.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- College Degree required, MBA preferred
- Previous work experience in analytical, data-driven role preferred
- Solid understanding of the complexities of commodity markets.
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING