Brief Job Description:
Provide environmental review for production of finished products as required to ensure environmental compliance as dictated in the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act (SARA) and their state equivalents. In addition, support site efforts for waste minimization, ISO 9001, safety, and Responsible Care.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completion of Air Emissions Inventories and Compliance Certifications
- Performance of Air Emissions Modeling using packaged software (preferably for batch operations)
- Preparation of Title V permit applications, renewals and/or modifications (preferably in Kentucky)
- Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) compliance expertise
- Hazardous Waste Combustor MACT
- Completion of Hazardous Waste Inventories and Compliance Auditing
- Waste Characterization
- Preparation of RCRA Part B permit applications, renewals and/or modifications
- RCRA AA BB CC regulations
- Completion of monthly Discharge Monitoring Reports associated with our National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit
- Completion of annual reports associated with SARA regulations
- Operational support for our Tin Recovery System Hazardous Waste Incinerator and our Wastewater Treatment system, including performance of training and review of operating procedures
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Must be able to work in multi-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
The job holder works in an office environment with many trips into the plant.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Civil/Environmental Engineering.
- 3-10 years of experience required.
- Previous chemical process manufacturing experience preferred.