Brief Job Description
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management of a global manufacturing company including financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, review of capital projects, financial risk management assessments, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The majority of focus will be to support the President and Chief Financial Officer with the supervision of the daily and month-end reporting processes of a newly acquired US manufacturing company. In addition, this role will be responsible for the review and consolidation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting of PMC Group International, a global chemical manufacturing company. The Financial Controller will create and implement systems which align with the policies and procedures at PMC.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Consolidated monthly reporting of the financial results of PMC Group International and subsidiaries
- Provide financial analysis to the CEO, President and CFO as required
- Review annual budgets and forecasts
- Maintain banking relationships in USA
- Review capital expenditure proposals
- Manage local US accounting team
- Coordinate yearly budget review meetings and mid-year review meetings for all BUs.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and “hands-on” experience with SAP or Oracle ERP systems
- Honesty, integrity, and reliability
- Solid communication, management, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify issues and solutions, and ensure timely project completion with minimal supervision
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong Research and Analytical skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Excellent PC skills, with high proficiency in Excel as well as Outlook and Word
The role will be located in an office setting in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- 7+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- BS degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience in managing and consolidating the financial reporting of a multi-national business.
- Experience in reviewing financing statements and providing financial analysis to senior management.
- Corporate tax experience a plus
- Excellent ERP, accounting software user and administration skills