Website PMC Crystal
Brief Job Description
· Intern PVC Applications Engineer will be trained in the use of polymer blending, processing, and testing equipment and will support applications research and technical service. This is a six month assignment.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
· Preparing lab formulations.
· Executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations.
· Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic.)
· Organizing and storing all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
· Ensuring that safety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory.
· Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Four lab credits in chemistry or a related field.
· Working experience operating laboratory equipment, preferably polymer processing equipment
· Comfortable handling potentially dangerous substances (corrosive, flammable liquids, etc.)
· Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Keen attention to detail.
· This is an onsite position. The incumbent must be able to handle working 5 days a week at our Lansdale, PA work location.
· Daily activity will include working in both office and lab locations.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or engineering.