Brief Job Description:
The primary responsibility for this role will be to ensure customer orders are accurately met in
time by preparing all outbound orders including ascertaining the order routing, DOT classification,
and creating the bill of lading.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for:
- Perform reviews of work areas for potential losses and loss control opportunities.
- Independently prepares freight bill of ladings for all shipments. Ensures proper classification of material and loading meets all DOT requirements.
- Route all shipments (truckload, LTL, dedicated service or bulk).
- Daily communication with Customer Service concerning delivery times, tracking shipments and product availability.
- Timely communication with the Corporate Sales Service Group, Supplier Account Representatives, Marketing and Customers on status of orders.
- Assists Planning/Shipping Supervisor with problem solving, reports and completing orders.
- Meets with trucking firms’ sales representatives on a regular basis to discuss problems, changes or benefits.
- Insures all paperwork pertaining to orders is delivered to the correct person for accompanying paperwork to be completed (eg. MSDS, COA)
- Expedite rush orders to meet customers’ demands.
- Work with Demand Manger to determine allocations in time of short product supply.
- Prepare Certificate of Analysis for orders.
- Prepare rolling two-day shipping schedule.
- Packaging small orders for UPS and Federal Express shipments.
- Assist with order inspections for shipments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced administrative skills and strong computer skills required (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and time management skills are important for interaction with employees, management, corporate business and customers.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- High School Diploma/GED
- IMDG/DOT Certified
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience in shipping/logistics role