Brief Job Description:
Provide Maintenance and Reliability Engineering assistance on all major mechanical systems required to operate the Carrollton Plant. Responsible for the preparation of Capital Requests and implement approved Capital Projects, including Design, Engineering and Construction.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for:
- mechanical systems required to operate the Carrollton plant. Assist in implementation of ISO9001 systems, identify areas of cost reduction, and prepare preventative Maintenance requirements for new and existing equipment. Participate in annual review of applicable engineering codes, standards and regulations.
- Projects – Prepare, submit and implement Capital Projects, as required, within defined budget and schedule constraints. Prepare proposals to allocate capital for current year, complete carryover projects, and complete current year’s projects. Complete Pre Safety Startup Reviews (PSSR’s) on all projects prior to start up.
- Reliability – Develop and implement ongoing reliability improvements. Maintain high failure equipment list and develop improvements. Lead quarterly meetings with cross-functional team to review reliability concerns and failure investigations. Complete lube oil analysis on specified equipment.
- Safety – conducts safety reviews on all capital projects; ensures projects are implemented in a manner to reduce & control risk.
- Backup for the Maintenance Supervisor as needed.
- Decision making authority – expenditures of capital funds for approved Projects (with higher approval); scheduling project work; piping and equipment specifications; plant mechanical standards; engineering design for Capital Projects; Drawing approval.
- Designing, installing and tracking of Capital Projects and Expense Expenditures.
- Scheduling of Capital Projects and Maintenance reliability improvement work in operating Process Areas.
- Developing and implementing best practice reliability systems in the plant.
- Communication between Production and Maintenance Departments in coordination of Capital Projects and Maintenance work
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with all major engineering disciplines, specific mechanical equipment and components
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Incumbent will work in both an office environment and plant environment.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with rotating equipment, CMMS, RCFA, and piping installations preferred