- Provide payroll administrative services as directed. This will include, but not limited to, full accountability for various companies within PMC Group. The ultimate responsibility for this role will be to understand and be able to run payroll for any and all payroll companies by providing full back-up support to the HR Generalist when needed.
• Provide administrative support in all areas of benefits administration including STD, LTD, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation.
Activities Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to PMC leadership including but not limited to the Director, Corporate Human Resources, HR Generalist, the accounting team, and plant personnel.
- Arrange for physical, drug, alcohol, and background check for new hires as well as on an ad hoc basis.
- Prepare letters to employees for STD, LTD, & FMLA.
- Prepare and distribute life insurance continuation/conversion forms to terminated employees.
- Report all Workers’ Compensation claims to the carrier and coordinate with local HR sites.
- Benefits: Assist with annual open enrollment as needed. Manage ongoing employee benefit changes and support employees. Monitor and verify billing. Coordinate with broker and benefits administration vendors as needed to resolve employee issues. Verify 401(k) funding. Track PTO for employees. Manage all changes on benefits as needed and communicate to vendors on a timely basis.
- HRIS/Payroll: Administer payroll as assigned as well as preparing ad hoc reports as requested.
- HR Support: Support policies and procedures.
- Develops, maintains and distributes various reports, presentations, charts, graphs and other documents as needed including employee HR files.
- Maintain Organization charts
- Ability to sort, check, count, verify numbers, multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic, good common sense and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
Context and Environment
This position will work in an office environment and must be willing to multi-task between various managers and assignments.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- .High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, college level accounting classes or Accounting/HR Degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of payroll experience using ADP or similar application.
- Basic computer skills and word processing using Microsoft Office suite.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years prior work experience in an office setting.
- Learns quickly, takes responsibility, and works both independently and as a congenial contributing team member.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Establishes priorities, efficiently coordinates work activities and provides quick turnaround without compromising quality.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Exercises good judgment and recognizes when to ask for help or escalate issues.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office products and general data base management.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING.