Brief Job Description
The Plant Engineer role focuses on the following accountabilities:
- Capital Spending – Effective and efficient scoping, design, and implementation of capital projects.
- Reliability – tracking and improving downtime for process areas.
- Continuous Improvement – Identify and execute continuous improvement processes.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Capital Projects – Prepare, submit and implement capital projects, as required, within defined budget and schedule constraints which meet detailed project objectives. Track and report out weekly and monthly.
- Reliability Best Practices – develop and implement ongoing reliability improvements through benchmarking and application of best practices. Leader of root cause failure analysis process, preventive and predictive maintenance techniques. Develops key performance indicators for cost reduction and overall profit improvement from reliability practices.
- Continuous Improvement Plans – owns area process, reliability, and productivity improvement opportunities in terms of assessment of opportunities, data analysis, alternative identification, and risks. Develops plans for prioritization and implementation of projects and metrics to track project performance.
- EH&S – Key supporter of all plant safety and environmental initiatives and improvements. Directly involved in identifying and implementing improvements. Member of the plant safety committee
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Awareness and practice of capital project management best practices.
- PLC programming and implementation
- Preventive and predictive maintenance techniques.
- Continuous improvement process methodologies
This position will be in an industrial plant environment. Working closely with operation in the field will be a major job component. Limited travel may be required.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- BS Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 5 year minimum industrial experience in a chemical or plastics facility
- Project management skills, process improvement skills (six sigma)
- Production supervision/management preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- PLC programming and operations