PMC Group is a growth oriented, diversified, global chemicals company dedicated to innovative solutions for everyday needs in a broad range of end markets including plastics, consumer products, electronics, paints, packaging, personal care, food, automotive and pharmaceuticals. The Company was built on a sustainable model of growth through innovation while promoting social good. Dedicated to sustainability, PMC Group operates from a global manufacturing, innovation and marketing platform with facilities and personnel in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Brief Job Description:
Interact with Planner and Production to understand and update the production schedule. Advise all related parties of changes. Determine material to purchase by updating forecast model from production schedule and place orders accordingly. Follow through and update materials on order through receipt process, matching receipts with invoices and putting through for payment to our corporate office. Enter Supplier Corrective Action Requests and maintain spreadsheet pertaining to it.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Update production schedule to reflect current activity
- Notify concerned internal parties of changes that may affect shipments
- Coordinate production changes with incoming purchase orders
- Update and maintain Excel spreadsheets related to production pulls and pushes
- Create job packets as relates to upcoming production schedule
- Primary focus is entering and following through on both raw materials and expense items
- Maintain office supply inventory and place orders with vendor accordingly
- Maintain spreadsheets as related to vendor non-conformance
- Enter CARs on incoming orders that do not meet specifications required (quantity, delivery, quality, etc)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to sort, check, count, verify numbers, multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen and comprehend. Should be able to communicate (written and verbal) professionally with both internal and external customers (vendors). Must have excellent grammar, spelling and proof-reading skills
- Ability to work independently. Be a self-starter, energetic, with good common sense and sound judgment
- Flexibility to adapt to different situations and work varied hours
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction
The job holder will work in an office environment and must be willing to multi-task between various managers. On occasion the incumbent will need to walk through a warehouse setting.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Good computer skills and word processing using Microsoft Office suite
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in production scheduling and/or planning
- Incumbent should be able to learn quickly, take responsibility, and work both independently and as a congenial contributing team member
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Establish priorities, efficiently coordinate work activities, and provide quick turnaround without compromising quality
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Exercise good judgment and recognize when to ask for help or escalate issues