Website PMC Biogenix
The role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer systems including installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all systems. The person will also analyze and resolve end user software program and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required. The role is also expected to explore emerging network, desktop, server and operating system technologies.
Job functions and responsibilities:
· Strong customer service orientation providing quality support to users, employing a high degree of technical expertise, and timeliness.
· Troubleshoot problems and provide technical support for software and hardware.
· End user support at all levels including servers, e-mail, print, and backup and their associated operating systems and applications.
· Ensure customer issues/tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
· Support security solutions, including anti-virus, EDR and other intrusion detection/prevention systems.
· Installation, configuration, maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
· Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
· Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to ensure system security and availability.
· Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resources, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
· Asset management and coordination including maintenance of network component inventory. related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Assist Network Team with all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and other hardware.
· Assist Infrastructure Team with the administration and maintenance of end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
· Assist Infrastructure and Network Teams to perform security audits and fixing vulnerabilities.
· Assist Infrastructure and Network Teams to perform improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
· Assist in Business Continuity solutions including system backups and recovery.
· Assist other IT Team members to monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the attached technologies.
· Working technical knowledge of network and PC and server operating systems.
· Experience with Exchange Online, Microsoft 365 including SharePoint and Teams, and any ERP application.
· Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Candidate will be working in an office setting Memphis, TN.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Working hours will be Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
· May be required to support IT operations across multiple time zones.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
· Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
· Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
· Occasional after-hours support for emergencies and planned maintenance.
Education, training and experience:
· Degree in the field of computer science and/or electronics and communication with 5 or more years equivalent work experience.
· Certifications in CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco is an added advantage.