This role will assess, monitor, and enhance the business performance of our organization. Manage and lead continuous improvement and lean manufacturing efforts within the facility containing multiple complex operations. Additionally, will analyze current practices and develop process improvements as well as implement change in workflows, structures, and teams to ensure continuous performance. Focus on improving Key Performance Indicators for safety, quality, production, maintenance, efficiency, and service.
Essential Job Requirements & Responsibilities
· Drive and execute lean and continuous improvement initiatives including value steam mapping processes, kaizen events, 5S and other lean tools.
· Evaluate existing processes and recommend and coordinate modifications to achieve increased productivity, reduced costs, and improved usage of raw materials.
· Engage with facility leadership to set specific targets to achieve improvements functionally and strategically in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Innovation metrics.
· Coordinate the introduction of new technologies, processes, or process modifications logistically with other departments.
· Participate in and coordinate programs between hourly and salary personnel to achieve improvement in process and production quality.
· Provide operations troubleshooting, including mechanical issues, internal quality incidents and external customer complaints.
· Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations and requirements.
· Comply with company policies.
· Other duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· High degree of attention to detail.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Primarily day shift position but available as needed for troubleshooting.
•Physical demands – the physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee must occasionally lift and or move 50 pounds. The employee must be able to climb stairs and work from heights
Education, Training & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related scientific field.
· 7+ years Production / or 3+ years Process Engineering Experience or any equivalent relevant combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
· Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
· Strong working knowledge of statistical methods for data analysis and Six Sigma Green Belt, preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and ERP software desirable.
· Capable in problem solving methodologies and ability to lead a trouble-shooting team.
Must live within a reasonable commute from our Lansdale, PA plant location. The incumbent must be able to handle a challenging personal schedule with hours and demands changing from week to week. Daily activity will include working in both office and manufacturing locations.