PMC Biogenix is a global, innovation-driven developer, manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals produced from renewable resources.
The combination of over fifty years of experience developing and manufacturing oleochemical derivatives, dedication to innovation in new products and chemistries, and strong technical application support create the foundation of a powerful portfolio of chemical products that find applications in virtually every chemical end market.
Our products are marketed under leading brand names such as Armoslip®, Kemamide®, Kemester®, Kemstrene®, Lubrazinc®, Hystrene®, Industrene®, ADVAWAX®, ADVAPAK®, and ADVALUBE®.
Our Center for Renewable Chemistry (CRC), located on our 50-acre integrated oleochemicals and derivatives manufacturing site in Memphis, Tennessee, includes a technical center and pilot scale manufacturing facility and serves as the cornerstone for our product, process and application development efforts. Our 16,000-square-foot technical center houses functional laboratories for product development, process development, application testing, instrumental analysis and wet analysis as well as an 8,000-square-foot pilot scale manufacturing facility equipped with a broad range of process equipment to develop new processes and produce scale-up quantities for our customers.
Brief Job Description:
Provide guidance and direction to maintenance and maintenance engineering groups. Focus on development and implementation of standards, procedures, training, and projects to upgrade safety, operational readiness, and efficiency to maximize the profitability of the Memphis site while remaining within the forecasted budget. Pay range is $150,000.00 to $160,000.00 per year.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for:
All activities of this position will be consistent with the Plant’s loss control objectives.
· Oversee the Maintenance Group, Foreperson, Planner, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanics, E&I Technicians (both PMC FSE and contractors)
· Knows, understands, and follows PM and workflow procedures
· Facilitate and directly participate in development and training personnel, ensuring adequate skills training to safely perform assigned tasks
· Audits and maintains effectiveness of plant PM program, mechanical integrity, plant engineering specs/standards, plant equipment files and workflow systems to comply with regulatory requirements
· Provide critical equipment high reliability thru performance uptime tracking, root cause failure analysis with timely upgrades and failure prevention follow ups
· Assist in developing site 5-year capital plan and facilitate the design, on-budget, and on-time implementation of plant capital projects
· Maintain ISO9001 registrations in the Maintenance/Project area
· Direct maintenance efforts toward long-term reliability improvement while satisfying current short-term requirements
· Securing the necessary capital funding to ensure continuing equipment availability and production capacity
· Motivating the maintenance work force
· Coordinating department and plant outages to minimize disruption of the production schedule
· Recommend hiring/firing and discipline of subordinates
· Effectively manage maintenance materials and labor cost thru accurate budgeting, close tracking and efficient execution of site and contracted work
· Assist/recommend storeroom inventory additions and deletions
· Propose salary increases and conduct performance reviews for salaried exempt staff
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Extensive working knowledge of chemical processing equipment
· Extensive knowledge of developing repair plans both temporary and permanent
· Knowledge of on-line leak repair techniques
· Extensive knowledge in either fixed equipment or rotating equipment
· Knowledge and ability to apply standards of environmental and safety issues in the chemical process industry, including PSM and OSHA
· Proven ability to lead and manage others through good oral and written communication skills
· Maintenance/Root Cause Analysis/Work Planning & Scheduling, TPM
· Knowledge of project related design and construction field
· Extensive working experience in maintenance engineering, reliability and preventive maintenance programs and technologies
· Experience in training programs and accounting fundamentals
· Ability to effectively lead with minimal supervision, demonstrating an entrepreneurial attitude; experience developing and leading continuous improvement programs; history of driving positive change
· Must demonstrate enthusiasm, a sense of urgency, diligence, commitment, and follow-through while maintaining confidentiality and meeting deadlines
The Maintenance Manager daily activity will include working in both an office, and a manufacturing plant environment. Considerable walking as well as sedentary desk assignments are part of a normal day.
Education, Training, and Experience Required
· B. S. Engineering(Mechanical Engineering preferred)
· Supervisory experience (minimum ten years) at second level or higher
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS WHEN APPLYING