Determine operations to produce products and develops processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met. Troubleshoot problems with production and takes corrective action. Researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.The primary responsibilities of the Process Engineer include, but will not be limited to the following:
• Provide a process engineering presence in the Operations area to assure interaction with team members from all shifts, offering appropriate process engineering support and feedback for the teams.
• Coordinate all plant production trials including maintaining control over process parameters and data collection
• Research and implement process improvements through better training, equipment modifications, and raw material utilization
• Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems
• Correspond with the various code compliance bodies and their associated inspections
• Advise and assist the Plant Manager in complying with all regulatory requirements – training, documentation, inspections, etc.
• Advise and support the Maintenance Manager in researching and developing plant-wide improvements with equipment, controls, etc.
• Initiate, implement and cost justify modifications in the areas of yield, throughput of batching and thermal processing, utility savings, and other process areas.
• Apply standard engineering techniques in the analysis of existing operational areas from raw materials to finished packages.
• Continually improve the rates, efficiencies, yields and costs of manufacturing systems.
• Lead the innovation, development and/or optimization of new manufacturing concepts, processes and procedures for transfer to manufacturing operations.
• Perform scouting and feasibility work, material selection, process and equipment selection, tooling / fixture and equipment installation and process development.
• Design, execute and analyze experiments to establish clear understanding of fundamental process mechanisms.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of Process engineering experience